I was introduced to this dish several years ago by my now husband and mother in law. I remember eating this for the first time and having my mind blown because it was salty, sweet, and sour at the same time. If you love coconut milk, cilantro, and lime juice you might want to try this recipe for yourself!
The prep time is about 30-45 minutes depending on how long it will take you to cut chicken meat off of thigh bones and to chop onions.The cooking time for this recipe is also about 30-45 minutes so if you are interested, plan ahead!
- 3lbs of Chicken meat. Cut into small pieces (This can be a mix of white and dark if you like)
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1/4 cup of fish sauce
- 4 medium white onions, chopped
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- Lime/Lemon juice
- 1 Red onion
- Fish sauce
- Pepper Flakes
- Add oil, onions, and garlic into a large frying pan and saute on low-medium heat until onions are soften and starting to turn brown. Add paprika and turmeric powder to the onions and stir in until mixed
2. Increase to high heat, add the chicken and black pepper to the onions. Cover until chicken is cooked, stir occasionally
3.Add in the fish sauce and coconut milk and stir.
4. Taste test and add more fish sauce or coconut milk to your liking. Bring it down to a simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. In a separate pot, boil water and cook the noodles for about 2-3 minutes. Put into a strainer and rinse with cold water
Serving directions: In each bowl, add a serving of noodles and top with the chicken and coconut milk. From here, you can add garnish to your liking! For myself, I like to add a lot of cilantro, red onions, and lemon juice to give it a sour taste.