As time goes by, you will start to learn that I absolutely love salmon, potatoes, and cilantro. What would be better than to combine all of those into one bite sized disc? This recipe is super easy to make and also it is very flexible. Want more potatoes? Add more. Want more salmon? Sure!
Ingredients (Enough for ~40 patties)
- 4 oz salmon fillet
- 5-6 small potatoes
- 3 stalks of cilantro
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 cups of seasoning or as much as needed
- oil for pan frying
1. Boil potatoes in a pot until soft. At the same time, steam the salmon until 80% cooked. Peel the skin off of the potatoes and mash until there are no lumps.
2. Break up the salmon into small pieces and mix in with the potatoes. Add cilantro and mix thoroughly
3. Shape into balls about the size of a golf ball. (If you want larger portion sizes that is fine as well, it does not change cooking time.) Pat down into small patties and cover first in flour, then egg, and lastly the seasoned bread crumbs
6. Over high heat, pan fry the patties until golden brown.