There are definitely days where I don't have the motivation to write something interesting but I just push through anyway and having weekly posts keeps me on my toes. Speaking of weekly posts, I don't know if you guys have noticed the "Popular Posts" category on the side. Two out of the three posts are from my Throwback Thursday travel posts.
- Throwback Thursday : Scups Restaurant - This post came in at 962 views at the time of writing! I posted this back in April 10th of 2014 and it is winning by a lot of page views!
- Throwback Thursday: Flo's Clam Shack - Published on March 13th 2014, currently has 358 views and was my number one until I posted the Scups restaurant review a month later. A lot of the keywords that hit this post has something to do with whether or not the restaurant is open so I assume next spring it will surge back up. By the way, this has got to be the best seafood place I have ever been to. If you ever find yourself in Rhode Island during the summer, check to see if this place is open!
- Kollaboration Spotlight at Toshi's Living room - I know why this post is in the top three which is coming in at 175 views. When I posted this, a lot of the finalists helped shared the post and in turn it received a lot of attention thanks to them!
My tips for blogging: (aka the things I learned so far)
I am by no means an expert at blogging or that successful right now, but I have learned a lot which helped me get views and readers. Here are some quick random tips that I find to be helpful to me and they might be applicable to you!
- Set a schedule!!- This is why I failed with other blogs I started. I did not have a consistent publishing schedule so readers didn't expect anything from me. I have three categories that I post about on a regular schedule. Come up with a list of topics that best suits you! My topics right now are :
- Monthly Instagram follow ups
- Throwback Thursday
- Crafting day
This blog has hit two great milestones this past month and I want to do something different. Maybe a little sneak peak on one of the topics I will be posting about in Oct?